Randi J. Alterman
I empower business through digital platforms, web strategies and marketing innovation. My passion is to lead teams that explore, discover and invent. Business cycles, technical cycles, product life cycles–have all compressed. Success belongs to those that aren’t afraid to move forward, innovate and change.
Today, analytics drive decisions and I use a results-based approach to define digital strategies. I experiment and explore new ideas and technologies. I am a creative thinker and dynamic leader who believes fast failure is acceptable in order to achieve new learnings, push the envelope and accelerate business. There is no fear in trying, only in staying safe too long.
Digital is my passion. I’ve developed web strategies, led SEO exploration and implementation, and launched new B2B websites. I believe search and personalization drive results in the digital space. Integration of web platforms capture audiences when and where they are ready to engage. Storytelling entices, educates and drives discussion. Success is measured by analytics that then close the loop to inform next gen digital strategies.
Tomorrow belongs to those who do.
Strategic Marketing • Digital Marketing • Search Engine Optimization (SEO) • Brand Marketing • Digital Strategies • Web Strategies • Conversational Marketing (Chat) • Thought Leadership • Web-based Marketing Programs • Storytelling and Messaging • Search Engine Marketing (SEM) • Inbound/Outbound Campaigns • Advertising • Market Planning • Communications • Lead Generation • Customer Success Stories • Team Building/Management
Digital Marketing Strategist, GE Digital, Foxboro/Boston MA 2015 – Present
I currently work at GE Digital, where we help drive digital industrial transformation for our customers, reducing unplanned downtime and optimizing performance.
Our digital footprint engages customers, assists Sales and drives market leadership.
- Led the development and launch of the division’s first web presence, ge.com/digital. In one year, website outperformed component websites for traffic, page views and engagement..
- Champion and SEO leader for ge.com/digital.
- Grew organic traffic 10%+ YOY and achieved 35% increase in keyword visibility.
Digital Marketing Leader, GE Intelligent Platforms, Foxboro 2012 – 2015
Previous to my current role, I led digital marketing for GE Intelligent Platforms, the software application arm of GE. Under my leadership, we relaunched our website, established our social channels, and developed a thought leadership blog that drove awareness of our products and services. My achievements in this role included:
- Relaunched divisional website as geautomation.com, updating technical platform, UX/UI and SEO. Redirected all prior traffic to maintain web authority. New site averaged 75k+ sessions/month.
- Developed social platforms and increased social followers and engagement on multiple platforms by over 200%.
- Developed thought leadership blog. Blog won B2B Content Marketing Award.
- Championed web to SalesForce.com lead factory to move leads through the buyers’ journey and accelerate pipeline.
- Managed YouTube channel with more than 12,000 minutes viewed per month.
- Explored and implemented new ways to deliver personal, relevant, engaging messaging in digital.
Director of Marketing, Monster.com, Maynard MA 2006 – 2012
Monster invented the online job board. During my tenure, I created and implemented marketing programs for more than 700 U.S. Sales team members.
- Implemented and maintained customer success story program including online and offline customer endorsements.
- Interviewed 100+ customers/year regarding Monster’s products/innovations.
- Established thought leadership program and online web seminar series. Held 20 events each year for 5 years resulting in total of 30,000 registrants.
- Partnered with Sales teams in North America and with colleagues on a global scale. Created and implemented online sales and customer engagement materials.
Strategic Marketing Consultant 2004 – 2006
Accellent, Inc., Wilmington, MA
For this medical device manufacturer, I led marketing, communications and public relations program efforts including company video profiles, press releases, company newsletter, sales tools, earning webcasts, and trade show efforts. I was the editor of Accellent’s 2006 marketing plan.
Fideris, Inc., Lowell, MA
For this fuel cell innovator, I developed publicity plans and executed public relations efforts. I created and implemented customer engagement programs, demand generation activities and outreach tactics.
Director of Marketing, Arthur D. Little, Cambridge, MA 1995 – 2002
Arthur D. Little was founded to help solve difficult technical and scientific challenges. I led all marketing communications programs and public relations initiatives for the Technology & Innovation division of this global consulting firm. I also served on the Senior Leadership Team reporting directly to the Senior Vice President charged with P&L responsibility. My achievements included:
- Developed division-specific brand identity training. Taught over 250 professionals how to achieve higher client recognition and sales effectiveness through brand messaging.
- Established division website. Developed strategy, defined scope, created content and led design and implementation.
- Interviewed domestic and international clients. Developed video/print client testimonials.
- Obtained high-profile media placements including feature stories in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, ABC-TV, NBC-TV, CNN-TV.
- Planned and implemented publicity program for company breakthrough in fuel cell technology. Obtained worldwide print/broadcast coverage.
- Responsible for all electronic/print collateral, marketing and advertising campaigns. Oversaw all conference and trade show programs. Developed and executed senior-level business development events. Managed research efforts.
Director, Key Client Management, Arthur D. Little, Cambridge, MA 1999
Member of three-person team responsible for $1.5M program to build and strengthen relationships with the firm’s largest clients. Sales among key client teams increased by 40% during the program’s tenure.
- Developed Key Client Management Intranet site— a repository of strategies, success stories, and ideas to help global teams build strong client relationships and maintain client loyalty.
- Assisted in the implementation of a key client management training program.
Project Marketing Director, DRI/McGraw-Hill, Lexington, MA 1990- 1994
I directed all marketing communications, market research, client database development and public relations for the economic research and consulting unit of McGraw-Hill, a $2B global information organization. My position reported to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. My achievements included:
- Developed and implemented marketing programs, advertising campaigns, and business development efforts for both the consulting and publishing business units.
- Oversaw all production functions including design, layout, offset printing, and finishing of flagship print products. Upgraded production procedures to provide electronic printing for products representing 30% of company revenues.
Masters of Science, Management Information Systems, Graduation with Honors
Boston University, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science, Business and Communications, Graduation with Distinction
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY